Hector Patch #1 just went live on the main server. We take a closer look at the patchnotes below.
We also have a bit of official news on top for you this week.
If you have any comments, corrections, suggestions or things that I missed, hop on our discord and let me know!
Current Client Version: Hector Hotfix #1 / Version 1.0.324 - REV 88214 / 16 June 2017
Official News & Devtracker Tidbits
Before we dive into the patchnotes, lets take a quick look at what went on in the forums and the homepage this week.
New Mounts coming with Hector
We get a nice bit of news that shows off the new mounts introduced with Hector, their stats and really nice screenshots and pretty videos.
|Move Speed Bonus||+85%|
|Gallop Move Speed Bonus||+135%|
Comment: I highly recommend reading the post yourself on the official website.
Albion Armory: Buldozer’s “Catch Me If You Can”-Miner
This armory posts explains the mindset of a solo-gatherer and gives some examples of how to properly avoid open world attacks with your setup.
Comment: A ok read if you you need to polish up your solo-gathering game.
The build is Miners Gathering Gear + Bloodletter + Mistcaller Offhand
The Best Version of Albion Online
In response to a forum thread where people argue about ‘if the current game version is the best of what it could have developed into’ Korn shared this interesting bit of information:
- I’d like to share some numbers on our end. On a like-with-like comparison, meaning that we compare activity after 100 days post wipe, the “Galahad Beta” (Beta 3) performs at > 300% of Final Beta (Beta 2), and > 160% of Closed Beta (Beta 1). This holds true for all player groups, casual and hardcore alike. And this is with a wipe being just 1 month away.
Comment: I can not dispute numbers and metrics and I agree that those kind of numbers show a positive overall development of the player-base. But the follow-up statement ‘wipe just 1 month away’ seems to me to be part of the reason of higher numbers, comparing that to an alpha game that is 2+years down the road in development. Some of the arguments in that thread are on the ranty side of things, but this will be an ongoing thing we will see where ‘old’ players complain about the past with selective memory.
Potential Hellgate Population Issue and Infernal HG Soft-Cap
In a response to a thread made by HyperAgressive, where the complaint about a potential issue with current HG population is raised and in a different thread, Korn responds to both with bringing up the following points:
- There is currently a major configuration bug with the black market which essentially has prevented any meaningful amounts of T5.0+ loot from dropping for now. The max storage values for T5.0+ gear are set up too high, meaning that the black marekt has not “charge up” to equilibrium level yet, which in turn means that this gear is not being sold to the NPC, meaning that it also won’t drop from mobs. The exception to this is bags, as for these, the balancing is correct or maybe too high. We’ll fix that balancing bug as soon as possible. Loot amounts will increase significantly as a result.
- There is currently a balancing error in the black market system, which pretty much has prevented T6+ gear from dropping, apart from bags and capes. This will be fixed soon.
- On top of that, we are considering to test a very very soft cap (emphasis mine) for infernal hell gates. Why? The reason is that if the meta tier for hell gates become too high, the risk reward ratio gets skewed. In a structured 5v5 set up, where 100+ item power advantage can matter a lot, much more than in an open world setting where there is always a risk of dying due to randomness/being outnumbered.”Very very soft cap” means that the actual item power decrease for being over the soft cap item power would be very small.
Comment: Now we know the reason for the weird behavior of the black market since hector with bags having much higher prices initially than any other items. The charge-up issue of the black market is compounded by the potential dropping playerbase at the end of test-phases. What stands out is the idea of potentially capping gear levels in HGs though. Also, lets face the fact that everyone is going to ignore the word ‘soft-‘ in their arguments to a degree. I am not sure if I like the reason given by Korn above for the cap is reasonable, but I don’t think we know the exact numbers yet. One complaint raised though, which is the potential issue of ‘splitting the playerbase’ has not been tackled as of yet. If you have an opinion I encourage you to voice it in the forums – as it is a potential hot topic for the future.
Focus Cost for Watering Crops
In another statement mate by Korn, we get some insight into the current intended balance of watering crops:
- It’s balanced in such a way that watering 50% of your plants is enough to sustain your fields indefinitely. Also, you gain masteries quite fast, which will bring down your focus cost by a lot.
Comment: Some of the discussion and numbers brought up in the thread are interesting for future farmers to be. Yet as far as I can tell some of the arguments given contain issues, of which I might respond to later.
Community Manager Talion cautions players about buying AO keys through 3rd party sides
- Keys available for purchase on sites other than our own Shop (albiononline.com/en/shop) are in most cases purchased using stolen credit card data. Criminals use that data to buy keys through our shop and then immediately resell them for a lower price through other marketplaces. Once these fraudulent purchases are discovered by the card owner, or a card gets marked as stolen, a chargeback is initiated on the purchase made with us and the key gets automatically deactivated as a result. (…)
- Please do yourself the favor to only purchase through the official Albion Online Shop, as it is the only secure place to purchase Albion Online Keys.
Comment: Don’t cry when you want to save a few bucks by using a potentially illegal channel, just to get scammed.
Hector Patch #1 / Version 1.0.324 – REV 87940 / 15 June 2017
Comment: This patch mostly contains a lot of fixes for things that didn’t properly make it into Hector, but also some changes that are worth pointing out.
- Crafting buildings now all have the same maximum nutrition capacity, but no longer start full (Novice buildings all start with 100 nutrition as before); nutrition is still not added on upgrade.
Comment: This is weird and I wonder where this change came from or why it was applied. Probably some differences due to food having different nutrition values initially? The big thing is that buildings do not have any food in them once built. All in all just a slight balance change to increase food use or tackling a deeper issue? Let me know if you have an opinion!
- When crafting equipment items, the default amount is now 1 rather than the max possible amount your carried materials could create.
- Moved half of the outland castles around to fit timezones better.
Comment: Too bad they didn’t say which ones. If you do castle content, better check your timeslot before you do any event planning this weekend!
- Removed incorrectly placed relic chest in Bellever Tor.
- Removed incorrectly placed territory from Windripple Fen.
- Fixed an issue where T8 resource nodes were being incorrectly reset to 1 unit after downtimes.
- Changed offscreen nametags in cities so they only show for GvGs and duels (which should improve performance).
- Fixed an issue with the Fury ability where it would only stack five times rather than 10 as intended.
- Removed delay from Meteor‘s knockback effect, and it will now only be applied on impact.
- Moved Destiny Board completion notifications further up the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the nutrition bar would not immediately update when feeding territories.
- Fixed certain dungeons having the wrong icon on the map (solo dungeons using the group dungeon marker).
- Fixed an issue where opening the Destiny Board could also issue a move command.
- Fixed crafting focus values for many enchanted resources.
- Fixed weight and nutrition values for various farm-related items.
- Removed the ability for GvG mercenaries to kick people.
- Improved the Undead General fight, including adding a new ability.
Comment: A bunch of fixes, not too much to comment on here. Part of the last push to make the release version of Albion Online as good as possible.
- Rock Giant should now be set up correctly.
Comment: What does ‘set up’ mean? Weird comment. Anyone know? Will investigate and edit.
- Reduced the danger level and power of Ancient Mammoth hide mobs from Elite to Veteran.
Comment: Some players have been complaining that gatherers who skin animals can not solo T7 and T8 mobs. A fix towards this complaint?
- Improved the Demon Prince:
- Hellrifts now spawn at a distance of 5m.
- Most of his abilities now deal more damage.
- Laser Sweep’s beams now rotate around him.
- Pursuit range is reduced from 80m to 30m.
- Aggression range of portals and demons increased to 50m.
- His knock-back will now also alert all enemies within 50m around all affected players (so be sure to clean up beforehand).
- Cool-down until a new wave of demons is spawned from the portals has been increased to 10 seconds.
- Also fixed a number of minor issues
- Keeper Druids have been stronger than intended so the power of their spell Static Discharge has been reduced:
- Static Discharge: now has a reduced radius (4m down to 2.5m)
- Static Discharge: a bug where its damage and debuff was applied again to everyone 3m around the target has been removed
- Static Discharge: damage has been reduced by 5%
- Adjusted various elements of the Fungicide expedition to make it less unintentionally dangerous in a couple of specific locations.
- Kicked out a couple of T5 archers who’d snuck into Fishy Business, and hired T4 archers to replace them.
Comment: Fixes to PvE content, that finally went up high enough on the priority list? To me this is good because it means we will see more QOL changes soon, if they have time to deal with this kind of content.
- Increased T2 gatherer journal reward from 37.5 units to 38 (should now always level up a T2 laborer, before it would sometimes round down).
- Fixed an issue with “show only craftable items” filter not working correctly.
- Fixed an issue with some expedition mobs not correctly dropping silver.
- Removed “mission completed” state from mission tracker UI.
- Made some improvements to fast travel and portal UIs.
- Various improvements to Guild UI (member portraits now clickable, limited text field length settings, added a slider for Guild tax settings).
- Fixed an issue with the Caerleon loading screen.
- Fixed incorrect error when trying to mount while gathering.
- Only the Guildmaster and the Right Hand can now edit Guild description info.
Comment: Finally! No more trolling. A log would have done a similar thing, .. just saying.
- Fixed some issues with territory and Guild member views getting stuck in the Guild UI.
- Fixed some edge issues in Caerleon.
- Fixed some minor UI issues with splitting stacks.
- Improved readability of text for tutorial missions.
- Destiny Board tracker now automatically resizes when completing the tutorial.
- Fixed focus values for crafting furniture.
- Made spell effect areas look nicer.
Comment: Yay! .. Yay? OH SH** FIREBALL
- Fixed an issue where achievement reminder icons in the Destiny Board tracker (the little “!”s) were not being removed when clicked on.
- Fixed waterfalls being silent.
Comment: Shozen: ‘Silence falls’ ..
- Adjusted volumes for fireplaces.
Comment: Rushing water silent. Small burning logs roar.
- Fixed an issue where some mob abilities were not correctly obeying their activation conditions (eg should only activate when player is in range but was instead activating always).
- Fixed missing explosions for Meteor and Exploding Shot.
- Fixed an issue with the opening of the item details UI.
- Improved visuals of flails and hammers.
- Improved mission selection layout.
- Crafting equipment items will now attempt to fill existing equipped stacks before overflowing into the inventory.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect map zooming when searching on a zoomed-out world map.
- Updated minimap icons for fast travel portals.
- Fixed an issue with Destiny Board info in 80% UI scale causing shaking.
- Added crafting focus and learning points to character stats in the expanded inventory UI.
- Fixed an issue with Guild button in the territory attack details UI.
- Added a popup to explain how local banks and markets work (can be suppressed).
- Fixed an issue with player buttons in the GvG details UI.
- Fixed a weird visual issue when attempting to use broken tools.
- Fixed some minor issues with the Black Market UI.
- Fixed an issue where inspecting another player did not show any mount they had equipped.
- Made it so you can click the target item when enchanting.
- Fixed visual issue when capturing monoliths in GvG.
- Fixed an issue with the display of inactive abilities when inspecting another player.
- Swapped position of “build” and “cancel” buttons in the construction UI.
- Fixed an issue with display of reputation penalties and nametags.
- Fixed incorrect minimap colors.
- Fixed numerous minor level-design issues, including invisible collisions and offset areas.
Comment: The offset areas seemed to just pop up with Hector. New or old issues?
- Fixed various animation issues with farm animals and laborers.
- Improvements to various visual effects.
- Fixed an issue with partially full journals not filling correctly in conjunction with stacks.
— END —
that’s it for today folks
have a nice day :)