Hector Patch #2 just went live on the main server!
Let’s take a look at the patchnotes below.
Hector Patch #2 / Version 1.0.326 – REV 88688 / 22 June 2017
- Caerleon’s Bank and Marketplace are now in their own sub-areas in Caerleon.
Comment: This gives Caerleon its own special feel and atmosphere for the storage area. I am not sure whether or not I am happy with the look of the rather large entrance to the chest and bank areas. With an estimated large concurrent userbase in Caerleon come launch, seperate clusters seemed to be necessary. Let’s see how this turns out usability wise.
- New starter areas have been added to help with potential overcapacity.
Comment: Sure, why not. They might just remove them again after launch, if they don’t need them anymore. I’ll have to find out though if the travel distance to a green city is the same one similar to the other starting areas. After a first glance on the map it seems like it is 1 more zone if you spawn in the new zones.
- Black Market setup has been adjusted to increase the frequency with which armors and weapons will drop.
- The immediate result of this change will be that armor prices increase ~9x faster, and weapon prices increase ~45x faster, than previously.
- This in turn should mean that many more weapons and armors are sold to the Black Market (as it will now be offering good prices for them far more frequently), which will lead to higher drop rates for these items.
- The effects of this change will not kick in immediately, because old orders will still need to process through the system before the changes take effect.
Comment: A lot of people complained about the BM and item drop frequency. Mind you in a state of the game with lower overall mob deaths due to end-of-beta fatigue and a bug that persisted where not all items dropped equally. I wonder if they overdid it, 45x faster? It will be interesting to see if the first person on the server after launch to hit T8 bags can sell them for 10m+ to the BM guy.
- Improved quantity selection in crafting: it will now remember the last amount you selected so long as you keep crafting the same item.
- Destiny Board achievements are now untracked by default.
- Destiny Board starts to track achievements when they get some progress (ie Fame is greater than 0).
- During this patch, all achievements with progress will be set to tracked, and all achievements without progress will be set to untracked.
- Added a limit to how many achievements you can track at once.
- Added tooltips for Destiny Board tracker notifications.
- Added “time remaining” in tooltips for buffs/debuffs.
- Upgraded all remaining text in the game to use the new font.
- Trophies now give their bonuses to up to three laborers rather than up to two.
- Added a warning about renaming etc when creating characters.
- Royal Sigils can now be transmuted to higher tiers (although doing so will be very expensive).
Comment: The ratio is 5 (current tier) : 1 (higher tier). With current expeditions being capped at T6, you need 5×5= 25 T6 sigils to make 1 T8 sigil. With 32 sigils needed for a T8 royal helmet and 64 for a royal chest, thats 800 or 1600 T6 sigils per T8 royal item. Which is quite a hefty price for T8 royal gear. I like it.
- Royal Sigils are now classed as materials in the market.
- Missions no longer show timeouts if they have very long durations.
- Improved Undead and Morgana group dungeons.
- Open world Ghouls now have a new ability.
- Dryads and Forest Spirits are no longer aggressive.
- Toads, Boars and Monitor Lizards have had their aggression radii halved.
Comment: Some areas really needed the aggro reduction. Should make a lot of gatherers happy.
- Reduced durability of (non-Founder) furniture, making them easier to destroy.
- You can no longer place furniture near banks (you know who you are).
- Increased zoom speed and movement speed in the World Map.
- Gathering journals now only count resources of their tier and up to two tiers higher.
Comment: No more quick-filling those T2 and T3 journals with T7 and T8 nodes because of the higher fame per tick. A move towards making trade routes between green and black more important.
- The “Flail” line of weapons is now called “Morning Star“.
Comment: Hey boss! This stupid animation is to hard to make work! — Uh, wait you realized that now after 3 years? Alright, fu** it. Lets just rename it.
Oh and while you are on it, consider renaming expeditions into ‘fishing’ as well.
- Reworked visualization of zergs to not show individual player positions.
Comment: Someone send me a screenshot of the difference pls. :P
- It is no longer possible to find T3 resources in the Outlands. Their old positions have been filled with T4 to keep node counts constant.
Comment: Oh wow! Another (i’m tempted to call it major) change to resource distribution! Together with the journals another nudge at making the trade routes through Caerleon more important. Question: Will gankers be happy if they pop a transport loot pinyata and only get T3 resources?
- Moved the siege camp in Birken Fell to remove overlapping PvP areas.
- Fixed Arcane Orb cooldown to be the correct value of 15s.
- Fixed damage area on Forest of Spears.
- Improved various visual issues with projectiles.
- Fixed some issues with calculations for focus cost of enchanted items.
- Fixed an issue with visuals for Separating Slam ability.
- Fixed some issues with the rewards in the final chest of safe zone hellgates.
- Repositioned building NPCs/clickables to ensure they’re easy to access.
- Demon Gatekeepers (eg Vile Warden) have had pursuit range reduced from 60m to 35m so they can no longer be pulled out of the Unrestricted PvP area.
Comment: Giggdy. Who abused this ? Heh.
- Removed unnecessary warning when entering expeditions.
- The Keeper Chieftain remembered the abilities he had forgotten and now uses his complete ability arsenal again.
- Destroyable chests now have health and armor to make them a little harder to loot.
- Fixed an issue where farm buildings did not have enough durability.
- Fixed more issues with Guild UI shaking.
- Fixed an issue where respawning in Caerleon was not portal-binding players correctly.
- Fixed a visual issue with gathering multiple nodes in rapid sequence.
- Fixed an issue with toggling nametag visibility in cities.
- Various visual and effect fixes.
- Various audio fixes.
— END —
have a nice day :)