Today we will take a quick look at some recent patchnotes.
My apologies for the recent radio silence. Both of us took some time off to travel. I made my way back safely to Germany and Shozen enjoyed a nice few days off during July 4th. Now we should be rested properly for launch week. We are looking forward to it for sure. Expect more regular content in the coming weeks.
Today marks the start of us resuming normal operation.
A lot of fixes and updates, but also 2-3 important changes to take note of! Read on below.
Hector Hotfix #3 / Version 1.0.326 – REV 90357 / 5th July 2017
- Adjusted Item Power progression to give reduced IP bonuses at higher power levels.
Comment: The item power curve changes caused some discussion after they were mentioned in the patchnotes. An explanation of how item power works was posted by Korn here. Community Manager Enya aka Axolotl also provided us with a table that details the exact item values for each item tier.
The main discussion is a philosophical one in my opinion: Should the item power curve be flattened at the very top (the devs think it should) or would that impact how players perceive the worthiness of high tier gear to much?
I think we have to re-visit this discussion in about a month or two, once those items exist and a general ‘feeling’ established itself among the community.
- Changed duration of Gigantify potion from 15s to 10s.
- Fixed a miscalculation with new transmutation costs (should all now be half as expensive).
- Fixed an issue where AoE effects from inside an unrestricted PvP area could incorrectly harm some people outside the area.
- Fixed an issue with friend requests.
- Fixed an issue where you could not get up if you were teleported into a GvG while knocked down.
- Removed some unnecessary stats from the expanded inventory UI.
Hector Patch #3 / Version 1.0.326 – REV 89865 / 30 June 2017
- Rewards (such as Founder status and associated bonuses) can now be claimed on the character of your choice using the new Claim menu in the cog menu in the top right.
Comment: This is important to everyone, since now you will not get your items with the first character you create anymore, but instead you have to claim them properly through the menu. Also, don’t forget to activate your premium when you start the game come release!
- Fame gains are now shown in the combat log.
Long overdue QoL change that is expected functionality by many.
- Extended offscreen nametag hiding to starter towns and start areas
Perfect defenses in GvG (ie victory without losing a single point) will no longer bind you to the territory you were defending.
Comment: This is big for no-show situations!
Should make a lot of people pretty happy and should prevent locking down teams in no-show situations.
- Improved item durability icons.
- Substantial update of undead sounds.
- Cley Hill is now correctly set to have its prime time at 1800UTC.
- Renamed Dewleaf Fen in the Outlands to Bootsuck Fen, as it shared a name with a cluster on the Royal Continent (the latter remains unchanged).
- Changed timing patterns of castle fights:
- 1st week: at the region prime time
- 2nd week: 2 hours AFTER the region prime time
- 3rd week: 2 hours BEFORE the region prime time
- 4th week and beyond: repeats
- This should maximize the number of people who will get to participate in castle fights at some point
Comment: An interesting change to how castles will work overall now. It should allow for more players to be able to participate in the larger open world fights. An interesting sidenote is that this time shifting feature may be applied to other timers in-game if that design suites the feature.
- Watchtower guards on the Royal continent will now attack blue-flagged players within range (except those in their owning Guild, of course).
- Harvesting protection has been removed from all territories.
- Removed unnecessary siege camp from Lichendell.
- Reduced resource weight reduction for gatherer backpacks from 50% to 30%
Comment: Did you ever try to load a mammoth with a backpack on? People told me it has more space than the guildbank in that case. So maybe the overshot the target with the previous balancing a bit.
- Increased the buff gained from killing Hellgate minibosses from 120s to 180s.
- Slightly reduced silver and loot in Ignited Hellgate.
- Fixed transmutation costs, which had not been updated in some time and were out of sync with reality.
Comment: Royal Sigil is still 5:1 (lower tier: higher tier), Essences are still 10:1 (lower tier: higher tier), Runes are still 5:1 and 20:1 (Essences) Relics are still 5:1 and 20:1 (Souls).
I also looked at other resources, but I don’t recall the previous values – does anyone know?
Looking in-game at T8, you can transmute one unrefined T8.0 resource to a 8.3 resource for about 180k silver. Is that still the same?
- All hide mobs and critters are now standard difficulty (T7 and T8 were previously veteran difficulty).
Comment: This is important news for high tier gathers, since that makes some mobs now solo-able that we previously potentially to hard or to slow to kill.
- Undead Shade‘s Energy Drain ability is now interruptible.
- Heretic Archer‘s Aimed Shot ability: damage reduced by 10%.
- Heretic Thief‘s Feverish ability: bonus attack speed reduced by 30%.
- Undead Ghoul‘s Hurl and Barf abilities: damage reduced by 11%.
- Adjusted Lumber Lunacy expedition’s mob placement a little to smooth difficulty.
- Filtering for a particular quality in the marketplace will now only show items of that quality, rather than of that quality or above.
- While holding RMB to move, non-channeled/cast-time abilities will no longer interrupt movement.
- Ground-targeted abilities will now always cast immediately upon mouse down – players will no longer attempt to move into range before casting.
- Oxen now gain 5% movement speed per tier.
Comment: Weeee. Should change the feel of oxen gameplay and make them more rewarding and creating more demand for higher tier oxen. Will it affect if people take them out more? Maybe, but probably not in the black zones anyway.
- Mammoth mount movement speed increased by 20%.
- The first of the three starter regions (Landings/Beachheads) in each start area has had the ” #1″ removed from its name; the second and third regions in each group still have their ” #2″ and ” #3″.
- Made a minor adjustment to Journeyman Gatherer nodes on Destiny Board; now require the same amount of Fame and LP to progress efficiently, but the LP threshold is 30% rather than 50%.
Combat balance changes
Comment: The Nature and Spear reworks are quite big, so if you plan on using any of those two weapons you should take a closer look!
- Added new passive Balanced Mind (gives some damage/heal and some resistances)
- Removed the Constitution passive
- Heavy Smash
- Cast Time: 0s -> 0.5s
- Hit delay: 0.4s -> 0
- Stand time: 1.5s -> 1.2s
- Area of Decay
- First Hit: 0s -> 0.5s delay
- Hit interval: 1.2s -> 1s
- Freezing Wind
- Increased the area of effect
- Range: 10m -> 12m
- Heal: 189.54 -> 262.44 (38% increase)
- Battle Howl
- Radius: 5.5m -> 4.5m
- First Tick, after spell hit: 1s -> 0s
- Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.2s
- Rejuvenating Mushroom
- Reworked: Now applies stacks of Rejuvenation on allies in a 5m radius once stepped into.
- Cast Time: 1s -> 0s
- Hit Delay: 0 -> 0.5s
- Area Duration: 12s -> 20s
- Protection of Nature
- Resistance Increase: 0.38 -> 0.24
- Added a Healing Received buff (50%)
- Duration: 10s -> 8s
- Energy cost: 11 -> 12
- Cast Time: 1s -> 0s
- Circle of Life
- Reworked: Heals up to 5 allies in a radius around the caster. The healing strength depends on the Rejuvenation stacks on each ally. Consumes all charges of the healed allies.
- Radius: 7m -> 11m
- Cast Time: 1.5s -> 1s
- Cooldown: 10s -> 15s
- Living Armor
- Removed the Healing Received increase (was 39%)
- Added an effect where the target also gets healed every time they are damaged
- AR/MR Increase: 0.34 -> 0.31
- Duration: 8s -> 10s
- Cooldown: 30s -> 20s
- Well of Life
- Cast Time: 2s -> 1s
- Heal per tick: 22.98 -> 27.16 (18% increase)
- Energy cost: 23 -> 20
- Lunging Strike
- Hitting at max stack no longer consumes your stacks.
- Spirit Spear
- Reapplying at maximum stacks no longer consumes your stacks. Instead, you lose additional extra energy when reapplying at maximum stacks.
- Energy cost: 4 -> 3
- Forest of Spears
- Tick Interval: 0.5s -> 0.3s
- Increased the damage area (the area is now also telegraphed)
- Inner Focus
- Energy cost: 16 -> 13
Comment: Finishing up the last touches of things that had to be done before release. I like it. Lets power through that backlog!
- Adjusted critter counts in Outlands passages downwards to match design intent.
- Fixed Greytop Pound having two hellgate locations.
- Fixed an issue where mobs/chests in Hellgates were not dropping enough silver.
- Royal Armor (all slots) now correctly has the CC Resistance passive rather than the Cooldown Reduction passive.
- Royal Boots now have the Run ability rather than the Wanderlust ability, as intended.
- Royal Sandals now correctly have access to the Efficiency passive.
- Fixed an issue with passive abilities on Lumberjack Workboots.
- Fixed a memory leak in the client when harvesting.
- Fixed a visual issue with lumberjack miniboss’ backpack.
- Removed an unnecessary warning when entering expeditions.
- Fixed an issue with using “take all” in the marketplace under very specific conditions.
- Fixed an issue where an unflagged player could incorrectly attack into an unrestricted PvP area without entering the area themselves.
- Fixed some minor graphical issues on the Destiny Board.
- Numerous world fixes.
- Player footstep sounds have been removed, but the UI still has an option to disable them.
— END —
that’s it for today
have a nice day :)